Friday, April 6, 2012

Furniture Fridays

Please give a warm welcome to Christine from the inspiring blog Bijou and Boheme.  For those of you not familiar with Bijou and Boheme, it is a wonderfully whimsical blog about fashion, accessories, interiors, furnishings and all things design.  If the blogging world couldn't be any smaller, Christine lives in the same city where my husband's from just outside Toronto! One of these days we will just have to meet! Thanks Christine for taking part in Furniture Fridays!


Hi there...it's Christine here from Bijou and Boheme and I'm delighted as a daisy to be sharing with you my #1 topsies furniture friend.
Let me introduce you all to my pal, the...

{1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8}


For those of you who know me already, you're not at all surprised by my choice.
After all, this chippy paint number is absolutely my favourite furniture possession...


There are so many things to love about a great (preferably French) settee but for me, what I adore most is their elegant feminine charm.  
I'm of the opinion that a settee's soft lines and ornate detailing instantly molds a space into something more beautiful...when combined with cleaner and/or more modern pieces, they seem to provide just the right juxtaposition in a room, which definitely lends to a more curated feel.
Put simply, an antique settee adds the perfect note of graceful antiquity to any space...and I dare say, a sweet dose of whimsy as well.
Absolute aces in my books...as far as the furniture department goes.
I think everyone should have one...or five as the case may be;)
Thanks Anna for having me!!!
xo
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks SO much for having me- loved putting this together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are gorgeous. i wish i had a place for one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep working and great job on the posts, I will come back again and check your feed out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...