Monday, January 30, 2012

Inspired By

Industrial Lighting! Last weekend we made our way down to Chinatown and went to Vanessa's dumplings for a Sunday lunch (highly recommend, amazing!), and on our walk to digest after walked through the lighting district on Bowery Street. It was great to see so many incredible styles and deals all in one area, but the thing that caught my eye was the DIY section in one store. They had every brass part you could ever want and an amazing assortment of different size filament bulbs so you could design and assemble your own as the image below - Sorry I forget the name of the store but it is on the NW corner of Bowery and Broome.

It got me to thinking about this industrial lighting craze that has been going through the deign world and the incredible selection of shades, materials, bulbs and styles available.  The options really are endless and I do love the vintage bulbs and cage fittings. What do you think of this trend?









6 comments:

  1. I die die die a thousand times over!!! LOVE this look...in a commercial setting/ residential/ hospitality...the possibilities are endless! I swear just one Edison bulb sure does lend instant street cred to any interior...super chic! Awesome topic!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree, there aren't many settings where this cannot be utilized!
      I just love the different shapes and sized that the bulbs come in.

      Delete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...