Thursday, January 26, 2012

Equestrian Elegance

The Equestrian world has been a part of my life since I was very small.  I started riding when I was little and right away I was hooked - weekends at the barn, riding camp, competitions, I just couldn't get enough.  I rode at many different stables and as I started to develop an eye for design was more and more fascinated by some of the lavish settings our horses live in (mine for sure didn't look like any of these!).  

I have put together a compilation of stables around the world with incredible architecture, materials and details. I hope you enjoy reading this post as much as I enjoyed putting it together! Anyone else into the equine world? Are there stables you know of that should be included?







As we all know several Royal Families are heavily into the equestrian world. Here are a couple of images of royal stables - the first is the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace, England and the second is the Royal Stables in the Netherlands (I just love those vaults!).


How could I not include a stable made by a master of design - Leonardo da Vinci.  This is the stable he designed for Sforza Palace of Vigevano in Italy. I just love the height, the arches and the light. Stunning!

And just to make things a little sweeter, favourite luxury brand, Hermes, has updated their  quintessential saddle.  The Talaris Saddle features carbon fiber to keep it super light, and Hermes' super subtle leather. For me this is the ultimate accessory!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I love looking at stables and have blogged about the different ones I've found as well. I really like Martha Stewart's stables actually. Her Friesians (eeps!) are so lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like I need to take up riding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a look at the Vienna Spanish Riding School, home of the Lippanzer stallions - amazing classical stables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one sport where sweating is actually classy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...