Friday, January 13, 2012

Furniture Fridays

I am happy to announce that this week's Furniture Fridays guest post is Katrina author of Dot Dot Dash. An architecture, interior and design blog, Dot Dot Dash is a creative look at all things design related. Katrina is trained as an architect and interior designer and has an amazing eye. Her posts are always brilliant to read and beautiful to look at - not to mention that she is a great baker and her cupcake series is mouth watering!


I Covet: Eames DSW Side Chair

When Anna asked me to pick my favourite piece of furniture, right away my mind flashed to Charles and Ray Eames’ plastic side chairs. I still don’t own any key pieces that are post worthy, but my dream is to own a set of these.

I chose this chair because of its timeless simplicity. I love the clean lines of the seat and the structural detailing of the base.

Designed in the 1950s, Vitra continues to produce variations of the Side Chair. Although they come in amazing colours, my choice is always the white seat with the maple legs and wire cross struts.

x kat

7 comments:

  1. The chair is really amazing and it fits in most interiors very well. Love it, too.

    Lysann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the chairs are ergonomically designed !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love those chairs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fallen in love with Katrina's blog and I'm so happy to see her here! Great pick of favorite piece of furniture, one simply can't go wrong with the amazing Charles and Ray Eames! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shape of the chair, those subtle curves look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really love the sty;e and shape. the subtle curves really look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...