Friday, January 6, 2012

Furniture Fridays

As promised I have some exciting ideas coming up this year, one of which is starting today with my new weekly feature - Furniture Fridays! As the blogging community is growing and there are some truly inspiring "taste makers" out there, I thought that it would be interesting to put a collection of favourite furniture pieces together. I have asked bloggers I admire, read and respect to send me their favourite piece of furniture owned/made/desired and will be featuring these over the next 52 weeks.  

I am so happy to announce Nicole, author of Sketch42 will be starting this feature off for me today.  Sketch42 is truly an inspiring and creative blog, and Nicole is not only an incredible writer, but she is a brilliant artist too.  I recommend everyone check out her blog and thanks Nicole for starting this off for me!


My favorite pieces of furniture are usually the newest! I found these two chairs online at the Minty shop's site… I instantly fell in love with the shape. They reminded me of many chairs that Kelly Wearstler has used in her projects.

Before the chairs even arrived, I found the fabric and randomly bought 15 yards! I thought the raised polka dots were so chic! Ultimately, I think the chairs are fun, interesting and definitely add a punchy little kick to my somewhat serious living room.

You can see the whole before and after on my blog!







2 comments:

  1. I love that fabric! And Nicole's B&W chest is beyond amazing. So jealous right now! Great feature, looking forward to more!

    Have a lovely weekend my friend!

    xox Linda =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, .chairs is going to be your new email address?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...