Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hariri Pontarini Architects

I was born and raised in Toronto and went to Ryerson University in the same city for my Interior Design degree.  Since I haven't lived there in over five years, sometimes I find myself forgetting about the amazing interior design and architecture firms that Toronto and Canada have to offer. My mom directed me to an article on the former RIM CEO's house (see in Globe & Mail here) by Hariri Pontarini, and it got me thinking about the firm and their work which I used to be so familiar with.

Hariri Pontarini Architects is a Toronto based company whose aesthetic is contemporary and refined.  They incorporate wood, stone and glass into their buildings and interiors and this creates an aesthetic that is not only stunning but really works with the surrounding vernacular.  They are responsible for the creation of my favorite building in Toronto (see first two images below), and although it was built 14 years ago, still feels so current and relevant.  I hope you enjoy their work as much as I do - happy stalking!







All photos courtesy of HPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...