Friday, February 24, 2012

Furniture Fridays

Today I invite you all to join me in welcoming Lysann from Pure Living Interiors for Furniture Fridays! Based in Germany, Lysann has a wonderful eye for design and always features unique and beautifully  simple interiors on her blog.  Being relatively new to the blog world (like me), I think Lysann brings a fresh look and enthusiasm to her posts, and PLI has become a daily read of mine.  I am truly excited at her selection of 'favorite furniture piece' as it is one I covet (love the combination of leather and steel). Thank you Lysann for your great post and I highly recommend everyone to stop by and enjoy her site.
I was very excited, when Anna asked me if I'd like to guest post for her Fridays series. I'm following her truely inspiring blog since nearly the beginning and so it was just an honor to get invited. Thank you, Anna.
Her brief was to pick my favourite piece of furniture, which wasn't easy, as there are quite a few I really adore. But as a young love is always extra sweet, I thought it would be a nice idea to share the latest one I fell in love with. Some weeks ago I visited the 'Trendset' Fair in Munich, Germany and stumbled upon two beautiful brown leather eye-candies - an upholstered bench as well as a round coffee table. Aside from the brown ones recently I also found the same bench with a woven leather seat in dark brown, which is very gorgeous, too. I love the foldable bases, which means you can easily move the bench around your home - from being a stool in your hall next to the front door to a bench in front of your bed, to replacing your desk chair or becoming an extra seat for guests.  The first feature that caught my eye was definitly the vintage look of the leather. And did you spot the hand stitching details on the seats as well as at the edge of the table top? It looks just wonderful, doesn't it? For sure it makes these outstanding pieces. 

Lysann x





2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your furniture Fridays series and especially this one! Like Lysann noted, what fab details in the distressed leather and the stitching. Wish I could have been at that show but great that she was your "correspondent" for us readers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...