Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Inspired By

Silver! Following on from my post Saturday on last months' AD, I got to thinking about finishes and materials that we seem to be seeing quite a bit of recently.  It is no coincidence that there are were two articles that caught my eye both featuring this finish in more than one way.  I posted a little while ago on the Olympic metals as inspiration and it has got me to noticing a new trend - silver! Whether it is silver leaf applied to the ceiling (see first image below), a deep metallic finish on the walls, or the selection of silvered/grey stone, we are seeing silver all over.  How do you feel about this trend? Love or indifferent? Hope you have a great week!

Michael Smith's Manhattan apartment


Lee Ledbetter's home in New Orleans


1 comment:

  1. I love the first picture . White and silver with simplicity. have a great week-end. Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...