Monday, September 10, 2012

Inspired By

Lanterns!  I have been missing London recently - must be the back to work blues after our trips there this summer - and wanted to share with you one of my favourite pieces of lighting done best by the British.  In the time I spent working in the UK, I did a lot of research and sourcing of lanterns for use on our projects.  This hasn't stopped since working here in New York, and in fact, I seem to be using them on all my projects lately. I am a fan of simplicity rather than all the extra details that one can find and tend to air on the side of over-scaled for ceiling fixtures as to me it gives a sense of presence in the space.  Lanterns also make me think of fall with their warm glow - especially when there are candles inside - and as today feels like the turning of the seasons here I thought it only fitting. Hope you have a wonderful Monday and here is to another week!

Anna x

Wall Lanterns





Hanging Lanterns





I thought that I would share some of my favorite images of Lanterns in spaces as well as I think not only is the form and scale of the fitting important, but it is great to see them in spaces.

House and Home - Photographer Michael Graydon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...