Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The City of Angels

Back in New York following a week in LA, and what a week it was.  Glad to say that the project is finished and although it was a BIG push to the end our clients are happy, and that is all that really matters. My hubby flew out on Friday night so that we could spend the weekend and take advantage of all the time I have been spending there. It was a jam packed two days trying to fit in as many exciting LA things as possible (stay tuned for more posts to follow), and with the top down on our convertible I think we even managed to catch some sun!  

We stayed at the Avalon Hotel (see previous post here) which was in a great location giving us easy access to shopping and lots of food.  The trip started out with a late night dinner at In 'N Out burger, followed by meals at The Ivy, Chaya Beverly Hills over the next couple of days.  We explored the city, took a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu, and then down to Venice Beach, and even managed a drive through the Hollywood hills to grab a photo and view from the Hollywood sign. I wanted to welcome in the week with some photos of our weekend - lots of sun, palm trees and food. Enjoy!





*The New iPhone software as an amazing Panoramic feature...we made great use of it!!




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely post .........Through your visuals, I was able to return home where I grew up. The hollywood hills and looking down at lake hollywood. oh boy, in-in-out burger, just the best!! all trips back to LA always include a stop here. Wish we had them in the pacific NW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your oh so kind words! It is such a wonderful city - the ever expansive views were just so breathtaking. Stunning place to have grown up! We have good burgers here in NYC, but I don't think Shake Shack can compare to In N Out!

      Delete
  2. The view from the hills and of the beach are breathtaking! I've never come close to going to the west coast and this post reminds me that I need to one day!

    New follower from http://www.harlowsexclusive.com/.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...