Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Luxury Airborne

I am on my way to Nice to do some contract work for the next couple of weeks and I was fortunate enough to fly on the upper deck of a Boeing 747. I have never been upstairs and although the seats are the same as the business class on the main deck, there is something so appealing about going up stairs in a plane...so I had to try it.  The seats were very comfortable and there just seemed to be space everywhere! As usual it got me thinking about aircraft interiors and what appears to be a growing design niche with more and more people having, or access, to a private plane.

This is what the upper deck on BA - very nice, comfortable but super generic - as you would expect from a commercial airline.


Some other commercial carriers (Like Singapore Airlines and Emirates) have pushed their reputation for luxury, especially in their first class suites. With this being said we all know that you can't top some of the private jets out there, so below are a selection of airplane interiors that are the lap of luxury.


Mikael Beckman



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...