Wednesday, August 15, 2012

On the Road Again


Another week, another city! I find myself in LA this week for work and am totally thrown by the time difference - I keep forgetting how large this country is and just zipping across to the West Coast means a 5 hour flight and 3 hour time difference.  I'm also only here for 3 days so I am trying to stay on East Coast time as much as I can.  We have been quite lucky to be able to stay in Santa Monica at the Viceroy and it does help make the long days on site a little sweeter.  Designed by Kelly Wearstler, the hotel is chic, creative and well tailored.  The thing I love most about Ms. Wearstler is her ability to find great one-off pieces.  Sure it is a hotel and there are many things made in mass quantities to fill the rooms and public areas, however there are also amazing unique pieces (see the stunning alabaster lamps on the reception desk two images below) that help give the hotel a finished feel that takes it miles above your expectations.  This is the first Wearstler designed hotels i have stayed in, but sincerely hope it is not the last!






All photos courtesy of Viceroy Hotels


1 comment:

  1. Omg! i love this! The splashes of green are amazin! Especially those green chairs with the black frame! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...