Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Bright Collaboration

The Urban Electric Co has been one of my go-tos for lighting for several years now. They are a South Carolina based lighting company that has a wonderful collection of standard pieces, but can also make pretty much whatever design you can come up with - something I find comes in very handy.  I am truly amazed at their can-do attitude and quality of construction for each and every one of their pieces.  The UEC have had a string of prominent designers like Richard Mishaan and Amanda Nisbet create collections for them and are always looking to stay current and innovative in this ever changing industry.  So, when I read that they had teamed up with the always inspiring Steven Gambrel, principle of SR Gambrel here in NYC, I was beyond excited to see what the outcome was going to be.  I love the raw, urban edge tof the collection - the design is as refined as one would expect from Gambrel, however you still get the pops of steel, gloss and lacquer that one would expect from his creations.  I truly love each and every piece in the collection (first image below of the caged factory light is stunning), and cannot wait to start using them!






Photos Courtesy of Urban Electric Co



1 comment:

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...