Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Cabin in the Woods

With Memorial Day having just passed and most people we know having spent the weekend out of the city, it has really made me feel like I need a break. I love Manhattan with all it's hustle and bustle and "city that never sleeps feel" however sometimes it just gets a little overwhelming.  I was perusing Trendland - on of my favorite places for inspiration - and I came across this amazing modern cabin by renowned Seattle-based Olson Kundig Architects. They have a wonderful collection of wood, steel and glass cabins (definitely worth a look) and this particular one is located on the Gulf Islands in British Columbia. I love how simple, clean and perfectly planned it is, nestled in it's surroundings.  This has really inspired me and made me crave a little break in the woods. Any ideas for a weekend getaway?



* How amazing is this outdoor shower? Should be added to post here



Photos Courtesy of Olson Kindig Architect


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...