Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Into the Fire

Every once in a while I come across a piece of design while searching for something completely different and it renders me speechless.  Today is no different! While on 1stDibs looking for some interesting chairs for a project down in the West Village, I came across these Giacometti andirons and had to stop and take a moment to admire.  To me they are the epitome of form and functional.  Sold through Wyeth here in New York these 1950’s pieces are made of guilt bronze and iron.  I love the shape, materiality and scale of these pieces, and although made almost 70 years ago they still feel so current and really would make a statement in any fireplace - you’ll have to leap over the $24,000 price tag to take these home though! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...